5th Edition Digital Lab Africa for Digital Content Creations
For its 5th edition, Digital Lab Africa is switching to a fully online format. The incubation and mentorship programs followed by the DLA#5 laureates include online activities, online mentorship, and participation to online industry events.
After the successful 1st phase, Digital Lab Africa 5th edition is launching the 2nd phase of its call for applications from 11 June to 11 July. This 2nd phase is dedicated to video games category.
DLA#5 call for application is open to anyone from the field of digital content creation: artists, producers, designers, start-ups, SMEs, collectives, students or entrepreneurs, living or native from a Sub-Saharan African country. It targets innovative digital content from the perspective of form, storytelling and technologies used in gaming.
The Video Game category is open to all prototypes/concepts of video game for any type of device (smartphone, computer, console etc..).
Video game projects with creative storytelling/experience and using innovative technologies will be considered first. All type of games are accepted: casual games, adventure, platform, social gaming, strategy, e-sport etc.
• Online masterclasses by key players of the gaming industry, and online participation to Demo Day pitch session, organized by La Plaine Images – between October 2021 and March 2022
• Online participation to the African Creative Meetings, organized in France by Leno – September 2021
• Online workshop on playtest, organised by Play in Lab – Between September and December 2021
• Online workshop on video game marketing – Between September and December 2021
• Online participation to the Africa Games Week – December 2021
• Online mentorship by experts of the gaming industry
How to Apply for 5th Edition Digital Lab Africa 2021
- Fill out the online form https://forms.gle/TwQkvT45BpY4c9ez9(also accessible from DLA website)
- Email the application files (in French or in English) to email@example.com
• Pitch deck / Presentation document (PDF, PowerPoint or Word) including:
- Project overview
- Game concept / Gameplay
- Statement of intent
- Target audience and strategy
- Technical information
- Graphic / Visual elements
- Visuals / Storyboard / mood board / graphics / sketches / portfolio
• Any preview, pilot or video demo of the project (if available)
• A short video pitch [2 to 3 min] explaining your concept and why you want to be part of the DLA Mentorship &
• A cover letter explaining why you want to take part in the DLA program.
• A resume/curriculum vitae of the applicant and/or description of the company represented
• A picture (.jpeg) of the applicant
For More Information: Visit the Official Webpage of the 5th Edition Digital Lab Africa 2021