Deadline: 30th November, 2020
ACT Foundation have adopted a responsive approach to grantmaking. By funding focused-interventions, ACT Foundation work across a broad spectrum of developmental issues clustered within our focus areas.
ACT Foundation believe that grant making is a critical tool in engineering social change, and even more we are inspired by the long and short term partnerships we make. The strength lies in the partnerships we create and sustain through funding for programs and activities that have great potential of altering the downward trajectory of development on the African continent. The mission to drive sustainable impact across Africa pushes us beyond boundaries; and as such we always strive to do more.
ACT Foundation provides funding support to non-profit organisations and social enterprises ONLY through its annual grant application process.
All registered Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), community groups/ community-based organizations, charitable organizations, faith-based organisations/foundations and social enterprises working in Africa are eligible to apply for the ACT Foundation grant.
The grant application process is an online process, therefore email application, hard copy application or any form of funding request will not be accepted. We advise that you read the grant guideline and eigibility criteria carefully prior to completing the form.
If you are a Nigerian organization applying for this grant, the organization must be registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission for a least TWO years (24 months).
- If you are an organization within Africa, applying for this grant, your organization should be registered with the appropriate legal entity within your respective countries for not less than TWO years (24 months).
- Must be legally registered as a nonprofit organization.(GTE/LTD). However, if you are applying as a social enterprise, the Foundation will only fund initiatives that are not for profit.
- ACT Foundation will not fund any nonprofit whose official bank account name is different from the name of the organization.
- It is required that you show a strong governance structure. Kindly note that the details of the board of directors should reflect in the company’s registration documents. If not, please update.
- You will be required to show evidence of other sources of funding.
- You be required to show audited financial report of no longer than two years before the application to receive funds.
- Organization must show track record of past projects and work done within the ACT Foundation focus area of Health, Entrepreneurship, Leadership and Environment.
- Proposed projects/programs must have a maximum life cycle of 12 months i.e. it must be executed and completed within 6 to 12 months.
- The organization applying is required to have a minimum staff strength of 3 part time/full time paid Individuals.
- The organization is required to be open to an independent audit of the disbursed grants by the Foundation.
- Be a non-profit/non-governmental organization registered under the relevant Laws of the country where it is implementing;
- Be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the project, i.e. not acting as an intermediary;
- Program/Initiative must be implemented in within Africa;
- Program must be innovative and impact driven;
Due to the large volume of applications received annually, kindly note that only successful organisations will be contacted.
For More Information: Visit the Official Website of ACT FOUNDATION