AFD Digital Challenge for African Startups
Deadline: May 26, 2021.
Application is now open For the Agence française de développement (AFD) Digital Challenge For African Startups. For the fifth consecutive year AFD is committed to supporting high-impact digital actors in Africa. For this new edition, the AFD Digital Challenge wished to combine the challenges of the digital transition with those of climate protection and biodiversity, in line with Goal 13 of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The digital revolution is transforming the African continent, driven by a new generation of entrepreneurs who combine innovation, economic performance and social and/or environmental impact.
ALSO READ: Next Economy Incubation Programme 2021
THEME FOR THE CHALLENGE
Startups, associations and research centers developing digital solutions on the themes presented below are eligible.
- REDUCING THE DIGITAL FOOTPRINT
- Digital tools and services for the reduced energy consumption of networks and data centers,
- eco-construction and tools used to reduce the consumption of terminals and boxes
- eco-design of digital equipment and services,
- recycling of electronic waste.
2. INNOVATING TO BUILD A SUSTAINABLE ECONOMY
- Digital technology to reduce the impact of land, air, sea and river transport,
- digital technology to promote sustainable territories,
- services numériques de diffusion de bonnes pratiques pour l’environnement et le climat à destination du secteur public, des entreprises et des citoyens,
- digital services for the dissemination of best environmental and climate practices for the public sector, businesses and citizens,
- digital services for green finance,
- digital tools and services for agro-ecology, traceability and limiting agricultural losses.
3. PRESERVING NATURAL RESOURCES
- Preventing and reacting to natural disasters: data and prediction, warning systems, business continuity plans for climate incidents, civil protection systems, etc.
- contributing to the preservation of ecosystems and helping the most vulnerable populations to adapt to climate change.
- Your project is related to one of the themes presented above and detailed in the rules
- Your project is already on the market and is in the seed/launch phase
- Your project has a legal structure as well as a sustainable and autonomous business model
- Digital technology is at the heart of your solution
- International Visibility
- Customized support
- € 20,000
For more information visit the official webpage of AFD Digital Challenge 2021
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP