Deadline : September 22, 2021
African Development Bank-Japan Africa Dream Scholarship (AFDB-JADS) 2022
Application is now open for African Development Bank-Japan Africa Dream Scholarship (AFDB-JADS) 2022, African Development Bank-Japan Africa Dream Scholarship is open to applicants from African Development Bank member countries with relevant professional experience and a history of supporting their countries’ development efforts who are applying to a graduate degree program in energy development and related disciplines.
To be considered for this scholarship, applicants must first apply to APU. APU will then select eligible candidates to recommend to the scholarship organization.
Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University (APU) first opened its doors in 2000 thanks to a collaboration between the Ritsumeikan Trust, Oita Prefecture and Beppu City. With an entirely new multicultural learning environment consisting of half international students and half Japanese/domestic students, APU’s aim was to provide an international education that lead to the development of global leaders, working in a diverse range of fields and industries. In these past fifteen years, this goal has not only been reached as APU now has over 10,000 alumni from over one hundred thirty countries and regions.
The Japan Africa Dream Scholarship (JADS) Program is a capacity-building project by the AfDB and Japan which was initiated in 2017 with the aim of providing two-year scholarship awards to highly achieving African graduate students to enable them to undergo post-graduate studies (i.e. a two-year Master’s degree program) in selected priority development areas on the continent and Japan. The overarching goal the AfDB and the Government of Japan seek to attain is to enhance skills and human resources development in Africa in under the Bank’s High 5s agenda (i.e. “Feed Africa”, “Light up Africa”, “Industrialize Africa”, “Integrate Africa” and “Improve the quality of life of the people of Africa”) and key Japanese development assistance initiatives. JADS’s core areas of study focus include energy, agriculture, health, environmental sustainability, and engineering. The program also seeks to promote inter-university collaboration and university-industry partnerships between Japan and Africa. Upon completion of their studies, the JADS scholars are expected to return to their home countries to apply and disseminate their newly acquired knowledge and skills in the public and private sectors and contribute to national and continental socio-economic development.
- Full tuition
- 125,000 JPY per month for living expenses (amount subject to change)
- Economy class air travel between the home country and APU at the beginning and end of the program
Eligibility requirements include:
- Be a national of an AfDB member country
- Be 35 years old or less
- Have a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent degree)
- Have at least 1 year of full-time working experience after earning a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent degree)
- Not be living or working outside of your home country
- Not already be enrolled in a graduate degree program
- Not be an Executive Director, his/her alternate, and/or staff of all types of appointments of the African Development Bank Group or a close relative of the aforementioned by blood or adoption with the term “close relative” defined as: Mother, Father, Sister, Half-sister, Brother, Half-brother, Son, Daughter, Aunt, Uncle, Niece, or Nephew
- Agree to return to your home country to contribute to its economic and social development after completion of studies under the program
Eligible Regions: African Development Bank member countries
How To Apply :
- Request to be considered for this scholarship within the APU online application and submit the application by September 22, 2021 ( for April 2022 enrollment) or November 17, 2021 or February 22, 2022 (for September 2022 enrollment)
- APU reviews application documents and selects suitable candidates to recommend to the AfDB-JADS.
- Applicants selected to be recommended for this scholarship are notified with their final APU application results.
- The final scholarship award results are decided by AfDB-JADS.
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP