Deadline: July 31, 2021
Digital Opportunity Trust (DOT) Tanzania Community Leadership Program 2021
Application is now open for Digital Opportunity Trust (DOT) Tanzania Community Leadership Program 2021. DOT is a youth-led movement of daring social innovators and digital ambassadors who have the tools, knowledge, and networks to create opportunities and transform their own communities.
DOT Tanzania has recently launched its new project “Daring to Shift Project” which is set to be implemented between 2020 and 2023 in various regions in Tanzania mainland and Zanzibar.
Daring to Shift is a four-year project that places young women and men at the center of inclusive community development and empowers them with the digital and human skills, knowledge, and networks they need to create opportunities and transform their own communities. Supported by the Government of Canada through Global Affairs Canada, Daring to Shift is aligned to the Sustainable Development Goals and contributes to Canada’s Feminist International Assistance Policy.
- Applicants must be Tanzanian nationals, aged 21-34 years.
- Applicants must be fully available for the duration of the placement period: 1st October 2021 to 30th September 2022.
- Applicants must be academically trained and graduated at Certificate, Diploma or Bachelors’ level with the ability to use basic computer applications, competency in Digital Marketing, E-Commerce, Business, and Financial Management.
- Applicants must be excellent communicators in English and Kiswahili, self-directed, analytical, motivated, and team players.
- Applicants must own/have access to a fully functioning smartphone and laptop.
- Applicants must have a Tanzanian Shillings bank account.
- Applicants must have a National ID (NIDA) or a NIDA Number.
- Young women and men in the community leadership programme will build competencies in facilitation, coaching and mentoring, digital literacy, gender equality, and 21st-century skills; they will also be equipped with the tools to take control of their livelihoods.
- When they complete the program, youth leverage their leadership skills and real-world experience to access meaningful jobs and opportunities.
- In addition, the Community Leaders will advocate for equal access to digital skills in their communities and participate in national and international events to present the voices of young women and men on addressing the digital divide among youth, especially for women.
- The Community Leaders will also support research efforts to obtain data to support DOT programmes and case studies to showcase the digital inclusion impact being made to other youth in communities.
But before you do that, record a 1-minute video stating why you should be selected to become a DOT Tanzania Community Leader 2021/2022. Be creative. You will need to upload this video in the form
For more information visit the official webpage of Digital Opportunity Trust (DOT) Tanzania Community Leadership Program