Deadline: 6th September, 2021
digitalent.go.ke | Presidential Digital Talent Programme 2021
Application is now open for the Presidential Digital Talent Programme 2021. The DigiTalent is the brand name for the Presidential Digital Talent Programme (PDTP), an internship programme that develops the ICT talent pool in Kenya through a collaboration between the public and private sectors.
It is a partnership between government, public and private sector stakeholders and is to be implemented by the Ministry of Information Communications and Technology (MoICT) through the ICT Authority (ICTA).
It is borne out of the need for government to enhance its capacity to use ICT in effective public service delivery. It also provides a training ground for potential employees and an affordable labour pool of freshly qualified individuals in government offices. Targeting recent graduates, PDTP offers participants an opportunity to understand government services, and provides them with a chance to contribute towards improving service delivery to Kenyan citizens.
Digitalent focuses on two key aspects:
- Leadership development to develop ICT leaders in government management staff by entrenching them with ICT business principles to effectively run ICT structures.
- ICT technical capacity development by training freshly qualified graduates through an internship programme to develop a ready and affordable pool of ICT talent for government.
PDTP aims at developing the ICT talent pool by leveraging collaboration between the public and private sectors. Specifically, its main objectives are:
- To deliver a combination of structured training, coaching and mentoring.
- To develop a pipeline of future talent for government with a passion for ethical and accountable public service delivery.
- To train at least 100 interns over a revolving 12-month period.
- To promote innovation in local ICT product offerings
PDTP is beneficial in the following ways:
- Increased youth employability
- Improved Public/Private sector collaboration
- Accelerated economic impact through ICT effectiveness
- Enhanced service delivery by leveraging on ICT
- Support ICTA’s contribution to GDP projected to be 8% of GDP by 2017 as outlined in the ICT Masterplan.
For more information visit the official webpage of Presidential Digital Talent Programme
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP