Echoing Green Fellowship for Emerging Social Entrepreneurs 2021
Application is now open for Echoing Green Fellowship for emerging social entrepreneurs 2021. Echoing Green finds people working on to make the world better in a big way. Then help them become impactful leaders by connecting them with the tools, resources, and communities they need to bring their ideas to life.
For more than 30 years, Echoing Green has been on the front lines of solving the world’s biggest problems by raising up transformational leaders who challenge the status quo. We strongly encourage change-makers who identify as Black, Indigenous, and people of color to apply. Below are some criteria we use to evaluate your application.
WHAT THEY LOOK FOR IN APPLICANTS
- Leadership Skills: You have the ability to drive ideas forward, build support for your vision, and lead an organization toward its goals.
- Purpose Alignment: You can demonstrate a deep conviction and passion for the issue you are committed to addressing. You can also illustrate your dedication to solving the problem will not waiver even if your organization’s form shifts over time.
- Relationship to and Expertise on the Issue: Social innovators who are closest to their communities possess the ideas and authenticity to affect the greatest change — your proximity is one of your most significant assets. You can showcase an understanding of root causes and your relationship with the community impacted by the issue you are addressing.
WHAT THEY LOOK FOR IN YOUR ORGANIZATION
- Innovation: Your organization seeks to bring about dramatic, not just incremental, change. You can communicate how your organization builds upon or makes improvements to an existing model or introduces an innovation into a new context.
- Changing Systems: Social innovators know that big problems require audacious thinking, even when the solution is simple. You can define how your solution can directly impact many lives, shift a community’s trajectory, or change a system and structures.
- Racial Equity: Racial equity is an end-state that requires ongoing actions to build a world where all people have equal opportunity and resources to thrive. Your organization centers racial equity in its work, repositions communities of color in relation to power and resources, and emphasizes transformative solutions that impact multiple systems. To achieve your mission you center the knowledge, visions, and prioritization of the leadership of people most impacted by structural racism.
- You must be over 18 years old, fluent in English, and able to commit full-time to your organization. If you are currently a full-time student or employee, you must agree to make your organization your full-time engagement if awarded a Fellowship.
- You must be the primary decision-maker and have ultimate authority over the growth and strategic vision of your organization.
- You do not need to be based in the United States or be an American citizen. Echoing Green does not sponsor American work permits for any foreign nationals.
- You are welcome to reapply in future cycles if you do not receive a fellowship.
- The organization must be the original idea of the applicant, in its start-up phase, and independent and autonomous.
- An organization can be structured as a nonprofit, for-profit, or hybrid.
- An organization does not only have to be run by one individual, but only a single applicant is eligible to apply for an Echoing Green fellowship starting in 2021.
- Organizations still in the idea phase are eligible. You do not need to establish 501(c)(3) status or register your organization before you apply.
- The organization must be independent and autonomous. It cannot be under the management of another organization. If you have a fiscal sponsor that provides support but does not control organization decisions, you are eligible.
- No members of an organization’s founding team and no individuals in a leadership position at the organization can already have been awarded an Echoing Green Fellowship.
- Tuition or scholarship funding, or research projects; lobbying or faith-based organizations; and existing organizations that have grown past their start-up phase are not eligible to apply.
Applicants who are selected for the Fellowship will be notified in August 2021.
For.more Information visit the official webpage of Echoing Green Fellowship 2021
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP