Deadline: 16th April, 2021
Application is now open for Commonwealth Shared Scholarships for young people from from least developed and lower middle income Commonwealth countries, for full-time Master’s study on selected courses, jointly supported by UK universities.
The scholarship is fully Funded by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO). The Commonwealth Shared Scholarships enable talented and motivated young people and those who couldn’t afford to study in UK the opportunity to gain the knowledge and skills required for sustainable development.
The Commonwealth Shared scholarships are offered under six CSC development themes which are listed below:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion and opportunity
To apply for these scholarships, applicants must:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Be available to start your academic studies in the UK, or remotely if required, by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2021
- By September 2021, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) standard, or a second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree).
- Not have studied or worked for one (academic) year or more in a high income country
- Be unable to afford to study at a UK university without this scholarship
- Have provided all supporting documentation in the required format
The CSC aims to identify talented individuals who have the potential to make change. We are committed to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination, and encourage applications from a diverse range of candidates.
The selection for the Commonwealth Shared scholarships involves Each participating UK University to conduct its own recruitment process to select a specified number of candidates to be awarded Commonwealth Shared Scholarships. Universities must put forward their selected candidates to the CSC in May 2021. The CSC will then confirm that these candidates meet the eligibility criteria for this scheme. Universities will inform candidates of their results in July 2021.
Applications will be considered according to the following selection criteria:
- Academic merit of the candidate
- Potential impact of the study on the development of the candidate’s home country.
HOW TO APPLY
You can apply for more than one taught Master’s course and/or to more than one university through the Commonwealth Shared Scholarships Scheme, but you may only accept one offer of a Shared Scholarship. These scholarships do not cover undergraduate courses, PhD study, or any pre-sessional English language teaching, and are usually tenable for one year only.
View the full list of eligible courses.
You must also secure admission to your course in addition to applying for a Shared Scholarship. You must check with your chosen university for their specific advice on when to apply, admission requirements, and rules for applying.
You must make your application using the CSC’s online application system, in addition to any other application that you are required to complete by your chosen university. The CSC will not accept any applications that are not submitted via the online application system.
Your application must include the following supporting documentation by the closing date to be eligible for consideration:
- Proof of citizenship or refugee status – uploaded to the online application system
- Full transcripts detailing all your higher education qualifications including to-date transcripts for any qualifications you are currently studying (with certified translations if not in English) – uploaded to the online application system
All applications must be submitted by 16.00 (GMT) on 9 April 2021at the latest.
For more information visit the official webpage of Commonwealth Shared scholarships 2021
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP