Deadline: July 31, 2021
Generation Connect Video Pitch Challenge 2021
Generation connect challenge is looking for promising and meaningful ideas to connect the unconnected to close the digital divide, highlighting the importance of youth involvement. Send a video sharing your ideas on how can connect the unconnected and close the global digital divide!
- The top 10 winning submissions will be featured at the Generation Connect Youth Summit.
- Their creators will also be invited to participate virtually in the event and join the Generation Connect virtual community.
- Standout ideas to be featured on “International Youth Day” 2021 during the ITU’s ‘Youth’ themed Road to Addis Event.
The Generation Connect Video Pitch Challenge seeks promising and meaningful ideas to connect the unconnected to close the digital divide, highlighting the importance of youth involvement.
- Young ICT enthusiasts aged between 18 to 30 years are eligible to participate in this challenge.
- Participants must share their ideas through a story on how ITU can achieve its goals to connect the unconnected and close the digital divide.
- This story must be conveyed through a video recording no longer than one minute.
Applicant’s video pitch must fit to one of the following categories/topics:
|Capacity building||Brings digital skills to society.|
|Cybersecurity||Offers solutions that promote online safety and security.|
|Digital inclusion||Empowers people with specific needs; including indigenous peoples, people in rural areas, persons with disabilities, and youth and children.|
|Climate change and environment||Helps countries mitigate and adapt to the effects of climate change.|
|Emergency telecommunication||Enhances disaster risk reduction and improves national emergency telecommunications and early warning and monitoring systems.|
|ICT applications||Enhances citizens’ lives, promoting smart living and improving public service availability.|
|Regulatory and enabling environment||Enables collaboration for a sound policy, legal and regulatory environment for digital development.|
|Technology and network development||Enables reliable ICT infrastructure and services for all.|
|Data and indicators||Facilitates evidence-based data collection and analysis to measure the information society and promote informed decision making.|
Eligible Regions: Open for all
For Further Queries
Email any questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org