Deadline: April 14, 2021.
Internet Society Early Career Fellowship 2021
Application is now open for Internet Security Early Career Fellowship 2021. The Early Career Fellowship offers unparalleled access to world-class experts, including American University’s Professor Dr. Laura DeNardis and eminent scholars from the Oxford Internet Institute, as well as project management, advocacy and diplomacy know-how that will provide the foundation for the Fellows to become the future champions of the Internet.
A cohort of 15 Fellows is selected twice a year to participate in the 24-week program. Fellows will be able to develop their knowledge and skills through seminars, events, courses, discussion sessions and project work. They will also have networking, mentoring, and collaboration opportunities. The program culminates in a final project presentation by each fellow at a closing symposium.
Candidates must be early career professionals working in the Internet ecosystem in a technical, policy, economic, or social capacity who have initiated or are interested in projects designed to grow and/or strengthen the Internet.
Candidates with the following are welcome to apply:
- An undergraduate/vocational degree and at least two years of work experience in an Internet-related field; OR at least four years of working experience in an Internet-related field;
- An exciting project proposal for growing and/or strengthening the Internet;
- Reliable access to broadband Internet connection and relevant device;
- Availability to fully participate in the 24-week experience;
- Proficiency in verbal and written English.
To apply, applicants must:
- Commit a minimum of six hours per week for coursework, seminars, individual project work, and other program activities;
- Complete the required 24 weeks;
- Attend all required seminars or sessions and manage time zone differences;
- Become Internet Society members.
ALSO READ: Global Citizen Fellowship Program 2021 (Paid Fellowship)
- All Fellows will receive a certificate from the Internet Society upon completion of the program.
- If certain conditions are met, accessibility stipends might be available to improve the quality, strength and/or speed of a Fellow’s Internet to allow you to fully participate in the Fellowship.
- All costs including academic coursework, online sessions, and other program elements are covered by the Internet Society. Fellows will be asked to supply their own materials and the technology devices they need to complete the Fellowship.
For more information visit the official webpage of Internet Security Early Career Fellowship 2021
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP