Deadline: 15th August, 2021
LEAP Africa Social Innovators Programme and Awards (SIPA) 2021/2022
Application is now open for LEAP Africa Social Innovators Programme and Awards (SIPA) 2021/2022. The Social Innovators Programme is the LEAP Africa platform for equipping, empowering and showcasing young changemakers with requisite skills and effective tools for building sustainable enterprises. With the support of Union Bank Nigeria and other corporate sponsors, have enabled these young changemakers transition their social change ideas into scalable social enterprises.
Over the past years, LEAP Africa has partnered with Union Bank Nigeria, other corporate sponsors and development champions, to enable these young change makers transition their social change solutions into scalable social enterprises. Through a careful selection process, 40 highly motivated and young social innovators are chosen across a pool of applicants, to participate in activities outlined for the fellowship year.
Fellows are empowered through a series of training sessions (physical and online), mentorship, access to local & international funding and partnership opportunities, and importantly the opportunity to be a part of a global network of social change agents. These activities culminate into an award ceremony where outstanding Fellows are rewarded with a financial sustainability prize award and their work promoted on media platforms.
The social ventures of the Fellows cover various aspects of the society, such as:
- Youth Empowerment
- Secular economy
- Science & Technology
- Human Rights among others.
We are seeking applications from budding social entrepreneurs who would be available and willing to participate in the various activities outlined for the fellowship year. The 2021/2022 fellowship cycle begins in November 2021 and ends November 2022. An ideal SIP fellow should fit the profile outlined below:
- Young man or woman between 18 and 35 years, whose ideas and initiatives offer effective solutions to challenges in local communities across their respective region.
- Applicants must be Initiators/Co-founders of a socially focused venture/enterprise and Foundation, located and registered English speaking parts of Africa.
- Applicants must have been involved in operating their ventures/ enterprise beyond 12 months prior to the time of this application.
- Applicants must be available to participate in the Fellowship activities including implementation of appropriate systems to sustain their innovation over the course of the fellowship year.
- Applicants must not be enrolled on more than one fellowship programme prior to the time of application.
ALSO READ: Leap Africa Youth Day of Service 2021
In our review of applications, we will be looking for the following:
- Level of creativity/innovation applied and their entrepreneurial approach towards social change.
- Experience mobilizing people and resources to achieve set goals.
- Applicants must give compelling reasons why they would like to participate in the fellowship programme and also show a strong desire to increase the impact of their change initiative.
- Demonstrate a passion for social change and active participation in community building.
- Willingness to implement appropriate systems and structures to sustain the innovation developed.
For more information visit the official webpage LEAP Africa Social Innovators Programme and Awards (SIPA) 2021/2022
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP