Malaria Youth Army Champions Program 2021 for Young Africans
Application is now open for Malaria Youth Army Champions 2021. The African Leaders Malaria Alliance (ALMA) was founded in 2009 and is a platform for African Heads of State and Government working to end malaria on the African continent by 2030. ALMA’s vision is aligned with the African Union’s Agenda 2063, the African Union’s Catalytic Framework to End AIDS, TB and Eliminate Malaria in Africa by 2030 and the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. All African Union Member States belong to ALMA.
His Excellency President Uhuru Kenyatta the ALMA chair, has underscored the importance of increased leadership and participation of youth in his ALMA legacy agenda. Moreover, he has called for the establishment of an ALMA Youth Army that creates a broader social movement to fight malaria and contribute to improved maternal and child health, and access to universal healthcare.
In line with the ALMA chair’s vision, we are seeking volunteers across Africa to serve as Malaria Youth Army Champions. The Malaria Youth Army Champions will contribute to the achievement of the following objectives:
- Advocate for action to end malaria in Africa through increased action, advocacy, resource mobilisation and promoting accountability for malaria and the broader health and development agenda.
- Engage at all levels to galvanise strong and forward looking leadership and governance among all sectors.
- Promote best practices of youth engagement in the fight against malaria.
- Mainstream malaria into the existing youth structures.
- Share innovative and creative solutions to end malaria in Africa.
- Be committed to volunteer for two years as a Malaria Youth Champion.
- Participate in the processes towards the establishment of youth armies.
ALSO READ: Africa No Filter Project Support Grants 2021
- Youth from Africa or the diaspora aged between 15 and 35 years.
- Keen interest in working with continental, regional and country youth malaria initiatives and mechanisms.
- Fluency in English or French, other AU languages will be an added advantage.
The Champions will be supported by the ALMA Secretariat to:
- Provide support to the process of identification of key priorities for action.
- Provide technical support to the development of key policy and advocacy messages tailored for identified national, regional or international priorities.
- Produce a profile for Champions to identify national, regional and international strategic roles to leverage opportunities and build synergies to advance the ALMA mandate.
- Produce communication material to inform the AU, RECs, NMCPs and facilitate a coordinated and synergistic working relationship.
- Facilitate and strengthen collaborative efforts with relevant stakeholders.
- Document the activities of the Champions and disseminate in key platforms.
- Facilitate participation in key meetings stakeholders at national, regional, and international levels.
African Leaders Malaria Alliance (ALMA) Malaria Youth Army Champions Program
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP