Margaret Ekpo Youth Fellowship Program 2021 Cohort 2
Deadline: April 20, 2021.
Application is now open for the Magaret Ekpo Youth Fellowship Program 2021. The fellowship program for Women’s Rights aims to amplify the voices of young women’s rights activist leaders who are speaking against social norms and cultural practices that enable violence against women and girls in Nigeria.
The program will provide platforms where young activists are exposed to the theory, discussions and interactive processes related to women’s human rights, social justice movements, local and global strategies to achieve social justice.
To apply for the Magaret Ekpo Youth Fellowship Program 2021 applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be a young woman between 18 and 35 years of age
- Be passionate about social change and activism
- Have a good and traceable record of activism to empower women and girls
- Be resident and working within any state of Nigeria
- Available to attend both retreats and take part in the planned webinars and other online activities
- Be willing to work with other activists on agreed set goals and activities during the one-year fellowship
- Preference will be given to those who are/will work with civil society organisations and social justice movements promoting gender justice.
- Must have carried out some activism and her professional work experience, as well as future plans will be considered during selection.
- Be able to communicate fluently in written and spoken English
ALSO READ: The Future Africa Internship Program 2021
- Fellows will join other women’s rights activists for a-3-days all-expense paid retreats- one at the beginning of the fellowship year and the other at the end of the fellowship year.
- Beneficiaries will have their capacities developed on storytelling, social justice movement building, and building strategic partnerships.
- Fellows will share their stories whilst putting their experiences down in writing.
- An editor will work with them individually to flesh-up and restructure their stories into a book that will be published.
- Young activists will interface with older activists during the Retreats.
For more information visit the official webpage of Magaret Ekpo Youth Fellowship Program 2021