This global issue foreshadows other devastating social and environmental problems ranging from accelerating global warming to loss of biodiversity, which if left unchecked, could ultimately drive the world to a climate crisis.
To that end, What Design Can Do (WDCD) in collaboration with The IKEA Foundation is calling on forward-thinking individuals who can create innovative solutions to identify and tackle the problems of waste. If this describes you, why not participate in the No Waste Challenge 2021.
ABOUT THE CHALLENGE
Launched by What Design Can Do (WDCD) in partnership with The IKEA Foundation, the No Waste Challenge is a global competition. It seeks to support creatives whose innovative solutions can reduce waste and reassess our entire production and consumption cycle.
This program aims to enhance participants’ entrepreneurial skills, networking, presentation, and communication as well as pave the way to further development and funding.
STRUCTURE OF THE CHALLENGE
The development program covers a six-month period, starting with a week-long Bootcamp and ending with a pitch at a global or local WDCD event.
The WDCD Bootcamp sets the event off to a good start as it allows participants to get to know each other before diving into the program developed by Impact Hub.
Hence, through its initiatives, WDCD is on the lookout for ground-breaking ideas on how to encourage more mindful consumption; how to produce for both people and the planet; and how we can handle waste more responsibly.
Finalists of the No Waste Challenge 2021 will be selected by an international jury of leading experts in design, climate action, and social impact.
- A prize fund of €10.000 each, the centerpiece of the award package;
- Participation in a development program designed to support the winning teams in further strengthening and scaling up their projects;
- Training sessions on needed skills such as building a supply chain, team-building, and organization, finding potential clients, and creating impact;
- Publicity: Each winner will have the chance to pitch to a global audience during one of WDCD’s annual events on design and innovation, valuable press coverage, and media exposure;
- Personalized mentorship to cater to the needs and personal ambitions of the winners;
- Access to WDCD’s extensive network of change-makers.
For more information visit the official webpage of No Waste Challenge 2021