Deadline: 31st December, 2020
The Islamic Corporation for the Development of the Private Sector (ICD) is pleased to launch a mobile phone photography contest inviting resident citizens of all ICD’s member countries to capture and showcase their country’s culture, heritage, people, and development from their perspective and submit photographs for the contest before the 31 December 2020.
Photographs will be judged based on the following criteria: relevance to the theme, power of the message, originality in treating the theme, creativity, technical quality, and suitability for presentation in a workplace of an international organization.
The selected photographs will be presented in an exhibition at ICD’s Headquarters in Jeddah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and other relevant ICD events.
The contest is open to all resident citizens of the ICD member countries (check if your country is a member country here) excluding professional photographers, IsDB Group, and ICD staff, including Consultants, Interns, Contractors, and their immediate family members.
Each participant should submit:
- A completed Entry Application Form (download here) and requested attachments
- 1-3 photographs taken by your mobile phone in digital format.
Submission Instructions for Photographs
- Photographs should be sent in high-resolution image files (jpeg format). The required maximum horizontal dimension is 1920 pixels and the maximum vertical dimension is 1080 pixels with a resolution of 300 dpi. and a maximum image file size of 2 MB. Please send entries via e-mail to < firstname.lastname@example.org >
- Please attach the entry form to the same email.
NOTE ON PHOTO MANIPULATION:
Post-processing images are allowed within limits: This includes global adjustments to exposure, contrast, burning, dodging, cropping, sharpening, noise reduction, and tone. Minor cleaning of images is permitted. HDR, panoramas, focus stacking or other techniques that involve using multiple images taken at the same time and place are also allowed.
Images that appear to be overly processed may be disqualified at the judges’ discretion.
- Please share your photos on one or all your social media personal accounts on any of the following channels (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) with the hashtags: #ICD_PS #Mobile #Photography Contest 2020 – #ICDMobilePhotographyContest
- Submissions are accepted via email only.
Only selected artists will be notified by 25 January 2021
Selection Committee and Prize
The entries will be evaluated by an international committee composed of ICD relevant marketing, design, and creative staff members and agencies that provide design and photography services.
For more information visit the ICD official website: https://icd-ps.org/en/icd-mobile-photography-contest