Deadline: April 7, 2021.
One World Media Fellowship 2021 for Aspiring Journalists and Filmmakers Worldwide
Application is now open for One World Media Fellowship 2021. The Fellowship is aimed at aspiring journalists and filmmakers who seek to make a career out of reporting on stories from the global south. They guide filmmakers and journalists on a single project, and provide a supportive network of mentors and peers through the production and completion of their project.
Eligibility For One World Media Fellowship 2021
To be eligible for the One World Media Fellowship 2021, applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- They are open to applications from all around the world.
- One World Media Fellows are aspiring filmmakers and journalists ready to take the next leap in their career reporting from the global south. Looking for their first director role or solo investigation, our Fellows experiment and learn in a supportive environment.
- In 2021, they will select 20 Fellows. They have 10 spaces for applicants based anywhere in the world, and 10 spaces reserved for applicants from across Africa.
- Projects in pre-production that tell engaging stories from low- and middle-income countries across the global south
- Non-fiction media across all platforms: film, print, audio, photojournalism, and multimedia
- Proposals where majority of the budget is in place or achievable in a short time-frame
- Projects that can be delivered within a year – for films this is under 30 mins
- Stories that are strong enough to be published or broadcast in established media outlets. We are looking for genuine journalism or documentary and will fund media that could ultimately appear in existing newspapers, magazines, radio, TV channels, professional news websites and online platforms, etc.
Beyond this, they are particularly interested in proposals that:
- Seek to tell original stories in a way that will engage the intended audience
- Highlight the voices of people living in the global south, particularly voices that are not often heard
- Have established contacts and contributors who have confirmed their willingness to take part
- Have considered ethical issues and safety
- Do not simply cover negative aspects of the global south without considering the context in which they exist
- Demonstrate an understanding of accountability and fair practice in news gathering and reporting
- Show a willingness to work with local people in equal partnership in co-production on a story.
Benefits One World Media Fellowship 2021
- £1,000 production grant
- Executive Producer for your project
- Career mentorship
- Workshops and webinars by industry experts
- Fair Reporting and Security Guidance
- Introductions to commissioners
- Network of like-minded Fellows and Alumni
For more information visit the official webpage of One World Media Fellowship 2021