Deadline: 5th May, 2021
Application is now open for the fully funded TechWomen Emerging Leaders Program 2022.
The TechWomen program seeks to empowers, connects and supports the next generation of women leaders in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) who are from:
- Central and South Asian
- and the Middle East Countries
This is will be done by providing them with the rare access and opportunity needed to advance their careers, pursue their dreams, and inspire women and girls in their communities.
The TechWomen program Through the mentorship and exchange, shall strengthens participants’ professional capacity, increases their mutual understanding between key networks of professionals, and expands girls’ interest in STEM careers by exposing them to female role models.
TechWomen participants are selected based on the eligibility requirements below. Applications are reviewed by independent selection committees composed of industry leaders and regional experts. Semifinalists may be interviewed by United States Embassy personnel in their country of permanent residence.
Fully TechWomen Emerging Leaders Program 2022 Eligibility Requirements
- Be women with, at minimum, two years full-time professional experience in the STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) fields. Please note that internships and other unpaid work experience does not count toward the two-year professional experience requirement.
- Have, at minimum, a bachelor’s degree/four-year university degree or equivalent.
- Be proficient in written and spoken English.
- Be citizens and permanent residents of Algeria, Cameroon, Egypt, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Nigeria, Pakistan, the Palestinian Territories, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan or Zimbabwe at the time of application and while participating in the program.
- Be eligible to obtain a U.S. J-1 exchange visitor visa.
- Not have applied for an immigrant visa to the United States (other than the Diversity Immigrant Visa, also known as the “visa lottery”) in the past five years.
- Not hold U.S. citizenship or be a U.S. legal permanent resident.
ALSO READ: Apply For IDEX Fellowship Program 2021
Fully Funded TechWomen Emerging Leaders Program 2022 Application BENEFITS
Selected applicants will have the following costs are covered by the TechWomen program:
- Roundtrip international airfare from participant home country to the United States
- Domestic airfare from San Francisco to Washington, D.C.
- Housing in San Francisco or Sunnyvale, California during the mentorship period
- Meals and incidentals
- Hotel stay in Washington, D.C.
- Public transportation to the participant’s host company
- Local transportation to group program events in the San Francisco Bay Area and Washington, D.C.
Participants are responsible for the cost of any non program activities such as independent sightseeing and cultural events, as well as any non program-related domestic or international travel.
TechWomen participants will be housed in San Francisco or Sunnyvale, California, depending on the location of the participant’s host company. Participants will share an apartment with a fellow Emerging Leader. Each participant will have her own private bedroom, while the living room and kitchen will be shared.
The TechWomen program is unable to accommodate participants’ spouses, children, or other dependents
Preference will be given to applicants who:
- Demonstrate themselves as emerging leaders in their chosen professional track through their work experience, volunteer experience, community activities and education.
- Are committed to return to their home countries to share what they have learned and mentor women and girls.
- Have limited or no prior experience in the United States.
- Have a proven record of voluntary or public service in their communities.
- Have a demonstrated track record of entrepreneurialism and commitment to innovation.
- Demonstrate a willingness to participate in exchange programs, welcome opportunities for mentoring and new partnership development, and exhibit confidence and maturity.
TechWomen encourages people with diverse backgrounds and skills to apply, including individuals with disabilities.
Fully Funded TechWomen Emerging Leaders Program Application 2022 Selection Timeline
The Spring 2022 TechWomen application will close on 09:00AM PDT (GMT-07:00), Wednesday, May 5, 2021. Semifinalists will be contacted via email in/around July 2021. Final decisions will be made no later than September 30, 2021. All applicants will be notified of the results of their application.
Fully Funded TechWomen Emerging Leaders Program Application
For More Information: Visit the Official Webpage of the TechWomen Emerging Leaders Program 2022