Deadline: February 28, 2021.
Applications are now open for WISE Emerging Leaders Fellowship Programme 2021. This is a nine-month fellowship program that aims to cultivate the next generation of systems leaders in education with the tools, skills, community, and mindset required to transform their communities and change systems.
- Candidates must be between the ages of 25 and 33 years of age.
- Candidates must hold a valid travel document.
- Candidates should be proficient in spoken and written English, and should be comfortable presenting and speaking in public.
- Candidates must be curious minded, flexible and comfortable in multicultural environments.
- The candidate has a strong profile showing a steady record of accomplishments in the field of education (academic, professional and/or personal). S/he has also been involved in education and/or development projects for at least 3 years.
- The candidate clearly demonstrates engagement in social issues and how s/he has sought to overcome them through innovative ideas, and initiatives.
- Candidates must demonstrate potential for growth within the nominating organization
COMPONENT OF THE FELLOWSHIP
A. Online Modules
- Fellows will have the opportunity to partake in expert-led masterclasses and webinars on key education topics
- Monthly feedback and reflection webinars
B. First and second residential sessions
Fellows will participate in two two-week virtual residential sessions between May and June, which will be delivered by experienced facilitators. During the sessions, they will take part in a series of experiential workshops on topics such as:
- Ethical and collaborative leadership
- Wellbeing and personal development
- Systems change in education and community building
- Peer learning
- Collaborative project work
- Personal and group reflection
Information about the residential session dates will be communicated to the selected cohort.
C. Project development
- The selected fellows will identify a potential project with their organization or a new one during the first residential session to apply the learnings from the session throughout the rest of the fellowship.
- Participants will work with their organization to pilot and/or implement the selected project.
- WISE will support the project development process though tailored mentorship, training and networking opportunities. Please note that WISE does not dispense any funds to projects or individuals.
- Fellows will also be asked to submit monthly blog posts about their ongoing work and reflections for the WEL blog. The blog posts are mandatory and selected fellows may be required to participate in other media activities/events as identified by WISE.
- Fellows will be asked to submit a final deliverable documenting their work at the end of the program.
D. Third residential session
Based on the work demonstrated by the fellow over the course of the program and final project deliverable, selected fellows will be invited to participate in a closing workshop and training during the last quarter of 2021, either in person or virtually.
WISE will only cover flights, accommodation, meals and in country transportation for the selected candidates for the residential sessions.
If you would like to nominate promising young leaders from your organization, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information visit the official webpage of WISE Emerging Leaders Fellowship
ALSO CHECK: Other Fellowship Opportunities Here