Petroleum jelly (Vaseline) is a mixture of natural waxes and mineral oils that together lock moisture in skin, moisturizing it to repair and relieve dryness.
INGREDIENTS AND THEIR FUNCTIONS IN VASELINE PRODUCTION
- Paraffin oil six (6) table spoons– This is the oil that helps to reduce thickness of vaseline since water is not needed in the production.
- Petroleum jelly one (1) and 1/2 cup– This is a nourishing agent that helps to thicken and hold the vaseline together.
- Paraffin wax two (2) teaspoons– This helps to holds the mixture together.
- Lanolin one (1) table spoon– This ingredient gives the vaseline an elastic feel, making it appear thick.
- Fragrance (as desired)- It gives a nice flavour or scent to your vaseline
- Vitamine E (1 table spoon)- It serves as an anti-oxidant for nourishing dry and crack skin.
You can choose to add colour or not to your vaseline. The colour ranges from blue, green, yellow, and brown to neutral.
- Drop a clean pot on a heat (stove), add the paraffin oil, paraffin wax, petroleum jelly and lanolin and allow them dissolve and mixed properly.
- Add Vitamin E and allow it to dissolve.
- Drop the pot from heat and wait for it to cool down a bit.
- Add the Fragrance and scoop into already used vaseline container and allow it to settle inside the container while cooling gently.
- You can get vaseline container from any big market that specializes on plastics business to enable you customize your product for sale, most times, the shops that sell chemical or scientific laboratory items usually sale the containers too.