Zobo, the popular refreshing drink made out of dried roselle or sorrel leaves (Hibiscus Sabdariffa).in warm water. Zobo might be irritating if not properly prepared or when some recipes are missing. Enjoy the perfect way of making Zobo.
- 2 cups of the zobo leaves
- 6 cups of water
- 1 orange juice and rind
- 1/2 a lemon juice
- Bark of Pineapple
- 2 tablespoons of whole cloves called konafuru
- 1 tablespoon of dried chilli flakes or cayenne pepper (dry pepper)
- 1 cinnamon stick substitute with 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon powder
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 2 stumps of fresh ginger
- The leaves tend to hold a lot of dust and particles so ensure you rinse it properly.
- Prepare the other ingredients
- In a pot, add the zobo leaves and 6 cups of cold water. Set the heat to low and add all the other ingredients except honey, sugar and flavors.
- When the mixture starts to boil, take it off the heat. Remember not to intensely heat the mixtures, but if you want to give it a little
- Transfer the mixture into a plastic bowl, add the honey and leave to cool down. Ordinarily you would sieve out the leaves, the orange, lemon and cinnamon stick once it cools. Don’t do that, let it to steep further for 2 days. Day 1 on the kitchen counter and Day 2 in the fridge.
- Transfer the sieved out contents to a bowl and add water. Use the resultant solution to dilute the drink, that way you get as much as you can out of the leaves, after which you can discard.
- Leave to chill in the fridge, or hasten the process by adding ice cubes and serve garnished with slices of Orange, Lemon and Lime. NOTE: don’t add sugar until you are ready to serve. Sugar alters the taste after some time in the fridge.
These training materials are provided by iDixcover Opportunities Vocational Training Center headed by Abdullateef Lawal for further coaching, and further training for commercial productions, the in and out of the business, kindly reach out to us via: 07069655569 or email@example.com and we shall connect you and also offer technical assistance to assist you in starting your business as soon as possible.