Deadline: July 15, 2021
World Bank Young Professionals Program 2021
Applications are now open for World Young Professionals Program 2021. The World Bank Group (WBG) welcomes all qualified individuals with diverse professional, academic, and cultural backgrounds. Specifically, women and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
This is a unique opportunity for the youth who have a passion for international development and the potential for leadership to grow into fascinating technical and managerial roles at the WBG. The program is designed for highly qualified and motivated individuals trained in areas relevant to WBG operations/techniques, such as economics, finance, education, public health, social sciences, engineering, urban planning, agriculture, natural resources, to name a few.
To be competitive, candidates must demonstrate a commitment to development, proven academic success, professional achievement, and leadership skills. Over the years, the YPP has hired more than 1,800 people for positions ranging from beginners to vice presidents and managing directors.
Every year, about 45 to 50 applicants are accepted into the program. Young professionals are offered a five-year renewable term contract, spend 24 months in a structured development program, and enjoy a variety of benefits and opportunities.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for World Bank Young Professionals Program:
- Born from October 1, 1988.
- Have a master’s or doctorate degree.
- Specialize in a field relevant to YPP’s business areas.
- Demonstrate relevant professional experience or ongoing study at the doctoral level.
- They must be proficient in English.
- The Bank Group’s recruitment policy is to recruit staff of the highest calibre, on as wide a geographic base as possible, with preference for nationals of the WBG member countries or countries of operations.
- To be competitive for the limited number of positions, a combination of the following credentials is highly desirable.
- Candidates must show a commitment and passion for international development.
- Possess outstanding academic credentials.
- Exhibit excellent customer engagement, communication and team leadership skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge of relevant industry trends.
- Work experience in emerging markets or developing countries is a plus for candidates.
- Full command of one of the following official WBG languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish.
- For IDC & MIGA Placements, applicants must have a graduate degree before 12 September 2022.
Candidates must have a degree in a relevant field that also includes Masters of Business Administration, Economics, and International relations, Engineering and Science and Finance.
Candidates must demonstrate a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience or continued study at the PhD level for World bank placement.
World Bank Young Professionals Program will provide:
- Tax relief
- Pension plan
- Premium mobility
- Financial assistance
- Relocation and Transportation Benefits
- Health, life, accidents and other insurance programs.
- Short essay
- Academic credentials
- 3 professional or academic recommendations
- Brief summary of thesis or dissertation (World Bank candidates only)
- The application process for World Bank Young Professionals Program is online.
- Files must not exceed 5 MB each and must be in the following formats: .doc, .docx or .pdf.
Once you submit your request, you will not be able to make changes/updates.
Upon successful submission of your application, you will receive an email confirmation along with a YPP ID number.
For more information visit the official webpage of World Bank Young Professionals Program 2021.
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP