Deadline: 16th June, 2021
YALI RLC Africa Emerging Leaders Program 2021 (1st Cohort)
Application for first cohort of YALI RLCs Africa Emerging Leaders Program 2021 is now open. The YALI RLCs Africa is looking for young men and women who are ready to embrace leadership and work hard to transform their countries. The Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI) was launched by the United States government as a signature effort to invest in the next generation of African leaders.
What is the Africa-wide YALI RLCs Program (AYRP) Cohort?
For the first time ever, the four RLCs, under YALI Africa, are coming together to deliver a continental wide training program, effectively bringing young people from the 49 countries together under one venue for learning. YALI Africa will provide core training in contemporary African issues, as well as specialized training in three tracks of study: Business and Entrepreneurship; Civic Leadership and Public Management.
The inaugural cohort will take place from August 23 – October 15, 2021. The Program Encourages Applications From:
- Individuals that represent and advocate for the rights of sexual minorities
- Rural based and economically disadvantaged young leaders
- People who are HIV positive or who are living with AIDS
- Young leaders with disabilities
- English language proficiency
- Other minority groups
What format will the training be?
The entire training will be held online. This comprises all facilitated sessions, simulations, and presentations throughout the training period. Post training activities will, however, be conducted physically by participants in their respective countries. All training sessions will be in English.
To qualify for the Africa-wide YALI RLCs Program (AYRP) 1st Cohort, applicants must meet.
- Young Africans between the ages 18 and 35
- Citizens of any of the 49 African countries;
- Fluent in English;
- With leadership potential
- Willing to make a change in their communities, organisations, and countries.
- Proven experience and track record in Public Management, Business and entrepreneurship or Civic Leadership
- Citizen of: Sub Saharan Africa
- Ability to commit to an 8 – week online program
ALSO READ: Apply For HoBeei’s volunteer Programme 2021
- Applications for the Africa-wide YALI RLCs Program (AYRP) Cohort will commence on May 24, 2021 and end on .
- This will be followed by reviews of applications received , which will be done between June 14, 2021 and July 16, 2021.
- Interviews for the Cohort will be conducted in the week of July 12, 2021, with training commencing on August 23, 2021 and running for an eight-week period.
How to apply for the Africa-wide YALI RLCs Program (AYRP) Cohort?
Passionate about Civic Leadership? Apply to YALI Regional Leadership Centers by June 16 and be part of the Africa-wide cohort: