YALTA Business Accelerator Programme 2021 for Young Entrepreneurs
Application Deadline: June 30th 2021
Application is now open for YALTA Business Accelerator Programme 2021. The program is an initiative of The Netherland Foods Partnership within the Youth in Agroecology and Business Learning Track Africa (YALTA page) calls upon SMEs in Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda to submit their agroecological ideas for a sustainable, healthy and diverse food system.
The 10 selected participants of YALTA Business Accelerator Programme will benefit from business & innovation skills training, innovation jams and coaching to improve their agroecological ideas and turn them into a plan that is ready to be implemented. All 10 participants will get the chance to pitch at a final event.
At the end of the final event, 3 winners will be announced. The winners will receive a matching grant and coaching to make game-changer ideas a reality.
- A young entrepreneur in agriculture, food and nutrition
- Managing a local business for the local / regional market in Ethiopia / Kenya / Rwanda or Uganda
- You have an idea to improve your business so that it contributes to a sustainable food system
- Your business is running since 1+ year
- If the COVID-19 measures allow: you are available to travel to Nairobi for a 3-day-long in-person training at the end of August (travel costs reimbursed).
- If the COVID-19 measures do not allow: you are available and able to participate in the training online, including participation on virtual sessions and online self-study sessions over the period of 2 weeks at the end of August.
What are the selection criteria?
We are looking for SMEs who already follow principles of sustainability, aim to benefit people and the planet, and who have clear agroecological ideas on how to do better.
Winning ideas contribute to one or more of these goals:
- Resource efficiency (waste reduction, regenerative agriculture and circular practices)
- Dietary diversity
- Synergies and co-creation in the food system
- Human health and well-being
- Creating value for low-income or other vulnerable groups
Besides impact potential on these goals, applications will be evaluated based on:
- Feasibility and clarity of the idea
- Desirability: is the idea benefiting your customers, clients?
- Viability: is the business model behind the idea viable?
- Current contribution to agroecological principles: what do you do already in your business to be resource-efficient, and benefit people and the planet?
- Suitability: is the YALTA Business Accelerator a good fit for you based on your ambitions
Note: we aim to select at least 1, but preferably 2-3 applicants from each country (Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda).
Questions? Contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
For More Information Visit the Official Webpage of the YALTA Business Accelerator Program 2021
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP